I had my heart set on using these little square tiles for my greenhouse floor. But once the walls were done, it became clear that they were too overwhelming: too much color, too symmetrical.
That created a major problem because I did not have a backup. So I thought about what I would want in a greenhouse if I had the chance to design a real floor and I decided big concrete or stone squares. So I am trying to do that by placing a wooden grid on the floor, filling in the squares with lightweight spackling compound, and then painting it to look like stone. So far I have finished everything except the painting and it is coming out close to what I imagined. Here are the steps:
Next will be painting it, which I am not confident about but there is no going back now!
Here is the final floor, with 6 or 7 different colors sponged onto it, a light layer of clear varnish, and then, in the last picture, grunged up with black powdered paint. I think it will work!